Salmon Arm, updated on 24 September, 2021
VALID MANUFACTURING COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
At Valid Manufacturing, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and customers is our top priority. During these challenging times, we are closely monitoring development of the COVID-19 pandemic in BC, and have taken precautionary actions to keep everyone safe.
Protocols to reduce the risk of COVID-19
- Employees are requested to conduct a Self-Assessment every morning before coming to work by using the Valid COVID Self-Assessment form.
- Employees are required to wear a mask whenever they cannot socially distance, and in any location, employees are in a shared space with other workers, including hallways.
- Employees and visitors are asked to maintain a safe distance of 2 meters from others wherever possible.
- Where team work is required, Supervisors/Team Leads will develop cohort groups appropriate for their area to minimize multiple contacts. Where 2 meters social distance requirements are not possible employees will use supplied masks.
- Employees are to limit their presence in break locations and meeting rooms to allow an appropriate distance of 2 meters. Occupancy limits are posted in each of our break location.
- We have enhanced our cleaning for all common areas and surfaces.
- Work-from-home protocol is in place for those who are able to do so.
- Video conferencing and online meetings are recommended whenever possible.
- Visitors are limited in the workplace for only those who have pre-arranged their visit with Valid employees.
- All visitors must check in with the reception (Plant 1) to review and sign Valid COVID-19 Safety Plan, and to provide their contact information. Visitors have hand sanitizer available in the reception area, and they will wear a mask during their entire visit.
Entering the workplace is prohibited from:
- Any unvaccinated, or only partially vaccinated person who has had symptoms of COVID-19.
- Anyone living in the same household as a person who tests positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate if you are not vaccinated or only partially vaccinated. Public health can advise individuals on their specific circumstances.
- Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
For more information, please contact Ashleigh Spelay, Human Resources Generalist, phone: 250 – 832 – 6477.